How we workpremiere-care-uk
How we work
Premiere Care (NE) Ltd is currently in the process of registering with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) as a domiciliary care provider. We hope this will be completed by December 2018 and when it is we will update this page with appropriate registration details. As a result our care services adhere to the legislation as laid out in Health & Social Care Act 2008, and subsequent iterations.
There are five pillars to a well run service and therefore you can expect our service to be:
- All of our carers are vetted (DBS and reference checks) and interviewed.
- We undertake regular client / family feedback, spot checking the carers work, this includes site visits and reviewing carer notes to ensure medication and other key activities and observations are properly recorded and whenever possible, speaking in private to the client to assess how happy they are with the service and how they are engaging with the carer looking after them.
- We undertake site visits to re-assess client needs, while ensuring that the appropriate level of care is being provided and that the carers have the appropriate skills for the job. We carry out periodic risk assessments of the home environment, checking things like room temperatures, hygiene conditions and looking out for trip hazards etc.
- We also visit clients when we become aware that needs are changing, to review the Care Plan with you, your family and the carer team and to agree the changes required.
- We ensure our carers undertake regular training and if we become aware of any shortcomings in a carer’s standards we will help them to retrain.
- We also have an incident reporting policy and procedure in place in the event of an accident or injury, requiring the carer to make a full report of the facts which is investigated by the Premiere Care management team.
- At interview, via references and through the training that carers undertake, we establish the skills and experience of each of our carers, ensuring we are better able to place the right carer with the necessary skills and experience to look after each client appropriately.
- Our carers are all properly introduced to you and / or your family and any issues or incompatibility are quickly addressed.
- We place great emphasis on ensuring a good relationship is established between our carers and clients and their family, as we are aware that this facilitates good communication and, where a client’s family is at a distance, this offers reassurance to them that their family member is in capable hands.
- We communicate frequently with the client and/or clients family, primarily by phone but also by email and letter. We always take care to establish clear boundaries regarding information confidentiality in order to respect privacy. We believe clear communication ensures we deliver the right level of bespoke care for each individual.
- Each of our carers sign a confidentiality statement explaining how we use their data in order to deliver an excellent care service that operates within the current GDPR guidelines.
- We produce a detailed bespoke care plan for each client and this is shared with our carers. This way we can be confident that the carer knows precisely what is expected in each job.
- The feedback we seek from our clients and their family, during annual reviews, spot checks and when we visit because a clients circumstances has changed, helps us to ensure individual carers are doing a good job and helps us fine tune ways of working to suit each individual client.
- Feedback is also gathered via the annual client survey that we post/email to our clients and/or their family, this can be anonymous and helps us to ensure we continue to do the best possible job.
- Our management team undertake detailed initial assessments which we use to get a complete understanding of the client needs, likes and dislikes. This information is used to ensure our carers are well matched to clients and they have the required knowledge, skills and understanding of each clients personal preferences, enabling them to provide an excellent care service.
- We expect our carers to undertake training around dignity and respect for vulnerable people. Our reputation is built on delivering a bespoke client focused caring domiciliary service and the vast majority of our new business comes from referrals because we strive to excel at delivering a high standard of care.
- Our amazing carers work to establish strong relationships with clients and will often go out of their way to help the client and their family.
- We keep in regular contact with you and/or your family and are highly responsive in meeting clients changing needs or requests.
- We will respond to feedback from you or your family, for example quickly changing a carer who is found not to be compatible.
- We aim to understand clients needs/preferences and also what clients hope to get out of the care service in a more holistic sense.
- Our detailed care plans lay out the key responsibilities you want the carer(s) to focus on and any additional information necessary for them to do a great job.
- We review our care plan at least annually, but often it is amended more frequently as a result of feedback or a change in client needs or wellbeing. Any amendments are shared with the carers and with clients and/or clients family.
- In the event client health deteriorates suddenly our carers will immediately contact an appropriate health care professional, inform the Premiere Care office and work with health services, the client and family, to ensure appropriate action is taken and you are kept informed as to what that is.
- We are also responsive to our carers needs, we do this through regular contact, ensuring all is well and the carer is enjoying their job. Our office staff provide 24/7 support to our carers as and when they need it.
- In the event we receive a complaint about a carer or our service we will take it very seriously. We will undertake an open and transparent investigation and inform the client/client family of our findings and next steps. Our aim is to avoid the recurrence of the complaint and to improve our service/policies/training/communications as required.
- Ursula Bussey, our founder and Managing Director, has over 25 years of experience working in the domiciliary care field. She founded Premiere Care in 2002 with the wellbeing of our clients the focus of everything we do.
- Our focus has always been on delivering the best possible, bespoke home care service.
- Our office staff and management team are experienced and well trained, they know their responsibilities and are able to provide quality support to our clients and carers.
- We have strong corporate governance in place, including a full range of policies and procedures to support our work.
- We have a clear management structure and leadership in place.
- We communicate in a number of ways to ensure key messages are shared widely and appropriately.
- We are responsive to requests to change, whether from clients, carers, stakeholders or from incidents and complaints.
- We are a learning, no blame organisation, we learn from our mistakes. As a company we are constantly striving to improve.
Powered by odothemes.com maxtheme.net