How we work
How we work
Premiere Care (NE) Ltd is registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) as a domiciliary care provider. There are five criteria used by CQC to demonstrate that our home care service is well run by examining how our service is safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led. Details about how we meet these five criteria are below.
There are five pillars to a well run service and therefore you can expect our service to be:
- All our carers are vetted (criminal convictions and reference checks) and interviewed.
- We use an online care and medication recording system, this means we have up to date information about a client’s care enabling us to ensure medication and other key activities and observations are properly recorded
- We undertake regular client / family feedback as well as on site visits to spot check the carers’ work and, if appropriate, speak to the client themselves. This is to reassess care needs and to risk assess the environment including room temperature, hygiene conditions and possible trip hazard
- We will review your care plan with you, your family and the carer team and ensure any agreed changes are being implemented.
- We ensure our carers undertake regular training and if we become aware of any shortcomings in a carer’s standards we will help them to retrain
- We also have an incident reporting policy and procedure in place in the event of an accident or injury, requiring the carer to make a full report of the facts which is investigated by the Premiere Care management team.
- At interview, via references and during training, we establish the skills and experience of each of our carers, ensuring we are better able to place the right carer with the necessary skills and experience to look after you.
- Our carers are all properly introduced to you and / or your family and any issues or incompatibility are quickly addressed.
- We place great emphasis on ensuring a good relationship is established between our carers and you and your family, as we are aware that this facilitates good communication and, where your family is at a distance, offers reassurance to them that you are in capable hands.
- We communicate frequently with you and / or your family, mostly by phone but also by email and letter.
- We always take care to establish clear boundaries regarding information confidentiality in order to respect privacy, as we believe clear communication ensures we deliver the right level of care that is needed and provides appropriate support to your family.
- We produce a detailed care plan for your care agreed with you and your family and then shared with your carers. This way we can be confident that your carer knows precisely what is expected in the job and has the knowledge to look after you in the way you want to be looked after.
- Feedback about how we can improve is gathered via the annual client survey that we post / email to you or your family, this can be anonymous and helps us to ensure we continue to do the best possible job.
- We undertake detailed initial assessments which we use to get a complete understanding of your needs, likes and dislikes. This information is used to ensure our carers are well matched with you and have the required knowledge and skills, plus understanding of your personal preferences, to provide an excellent care service.
- Our carers undertake regular training around dignity and respect for vulnerable people. Our reputation is built on delivering a client focused caring home-based service and all of our new private client business comes from word of mouth referrals from our existing or past clients.
- We keep in regular contact with you and / or your family.
- Our amazing carers regularly go out of their way to help both the client and their family.
- We listen and respond swiftly to feedback from you or your family, for example quickly swapping out a carer who is found not to be compatible.
- We pay great attention to understanding your preferences and what you expect from our care service across all aspects of daily life.
- Your feedback is essential to regular care plan reviews which reflect any day to day changes, for example in medication or mobility. All amendments are shared with your carers and with you and / or your family.
- In the event your health deteriorates suddenly, our carers will immediately contact the appropriate health care professional, inform the Premiere Care office team and work with health services, you and your family, to ensure appropriate action is taken and that you are kept informed throughout.
- We are also very aware of our carers needs and our coordinators and management team are in regular contact to look after their well-being and support them to enjoy their job.
- In the event we receive a complaint about a carer or our service we will take it very seriously. We will undertake an open, transparent investigation and inform the complainant of our findings and next steps. Our aim is to avoid the recurrence of any complaint and to improve our service / policies / training / communications as required.
- Ursula Bussey had over 25 years of experience working in home care before she passed away in August 2021. She set up Premiere Care in 2001 with the wellbeing of our clients as the focus of everything we do.
- Nick Bussey is Ursula’s older son. He joined Premiere Care in June 2016 and was made Managing Director of the company in 2019. He has extensive operational management experience and an in-depth understanding of the legislative environment the company operates within.
- Karen Gill is our Finance Director and Ursula’s daughter. She has extensive experience at Director level in the NHS and spent ten years as the Chair of a home care charity.
- Alex Bussey, Ursula’s younger son, joined the board in 2020.
- Our focus has always been on delivering the best bespoke home care service.
- Our team of staff are experienced and well trained, they know their responsibilities and are able to provide quality, flexible support to our clients and carers.
- We have good corporate governance in place, including all the necessary policies and procedures to support our work and we review governance at our Board meetings.
- We have a clear management structure and leadership in place.